As a user of LPG you should always adhere to the following rules with regard to your LP Gas installation:
- All security fencing / compounds and barriers as required for the installation should be maintained in good order.
- Always keep the LPG tank area clear of rubbish or any accumulations of combustible materials.
- Ensure all above ground pipe work is protected and that everyone is aware of the route for the underground pipe work in order to prevent any damage occurring during future ground work.
- Do not attempt to modify the installation in any way. This must be done by a qualified LPG Gas Safe engineer.
- Make sure all safety notices supplied to you by your supplier are displayed and maintained. Make sure they are adhered to by all persons.
- Make sure everyone is aware of the operating instructions and the emergency procedures required in the event of an emergency.
- In the event of a gas leak or other emergency you must do the following:
- Call the emergency number provided and shown on the LPG Tank Sticker.
- Switch off the emergency valve on the outside wall.
- Extinguish all naked flames.
- Do not operate any electrical equipment.
- Open all doors and windows. (if leak is indoors)
- If you consider the leak to be major please also call the fire brigade on 999 and advise them that it is an LP Gas leak or fire.
In an emergency contact LPG Direct on 08702 408048 during office hours Mon to Fri 9am – 5pm
LPG Direct 24 hour “Out of Office Hours” Emergency Number
0808 178 2009